Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Oh man I cannot believe it's June already! Or, time flies when you're having fun.

Also, I never know from day to day what to post. Then we get super busy, have a lot of fun in the real world, aaaaand I never update my blog. Ah well, I guess that means we're living life, right? So here's the past month in pictures and captions!

First there was Franklin's Touch-a-Truck, which we've been waiting for for months. It is the simplest, best thing for young kids ever!


And for those adults who have always wanted to ride on the back of a (clean) garbage truck


We got a free, teal leather couch. WHAT WHAT!



Whit found new and interesting sleep positions...



My family came to visit! Which involved the Tennessee Renaissance Faire...


King Whitman and his silly Big Daddy

Fried Oreos! Mmmmmm....droooool

Checking out the falcons and owls with Mimi and Aunt Jo

Finally! Someone to draw the elusive cat-truck he's been asking for.
 And the Nashville Zoo...

Cousins!

This is a new exhibit where you can walk around with the kangaroos. This is the cropped picture

Here it is uncropped.

Someone was exhausted! 

And Cousin Logan was not! I'm pretty sure he didn't sleep the entire visit!

My sister Shanna, her son Logan and my dog Foster. Shanna is Foster's favorite person for some reason. 
Then Whit got instantly ill the next day. Spiked a 102 fever out of nowhere and I had to strip him down and drive home. Btw, he's wearing a diaper, you just can't really see it.


So I was in a show. The Female Odd Couple at the Old School Theatre in Spring Hill. And being in a show means you frequent the local thrift shops a lot. Which lead me to this horrifying number:



 And this sweet deal!


Random shot of new hurr cut and holy cow is it getting long!


Put the kiddo to work making me some more art...


Entered Whit in Publix's cute kid contest for bedhead. If you'd like to send us a vote, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Ran the Fired Up n Fit obstacle-5k for a local charity with my friend, Brandy. It was a lot of fun: logs over creeks, muddy trenches, running through fire. Yesss!


So that show I was in? It was set in the '80s, so here was my nightly hair prep:


And on the second night, we had a big storm come through and the power went out. So what do we do? Take a page from my old community college and turn the flashlights cell phones on the stage. The whole cast was handing me their cell phones, then the audience started doing the same. So I put them on the edge like old-timey footlights. Live theatre, folks! It's exhilarating! 


The view from the audience.
 Whit's been doing better and better with his letters every day.


And is already interested in baseball, much to my husband's delight.

Why yes, that is a kid's fireman's helmet.
And has been helping me with some shelves I'm building...

Child labor, ftw!
One of our gymnastics classes. The foam pit is our favorite. I mean, HIS favorite, ummm, yeahhh.


And here's where I promise I'll be a better poster, but we both know it's not likely. So we just smile and nod and say see you then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment