Thursday, November 13, 2014

October/Halloween Photo Explosiganza

Since I'm a terrible blogger and have way too much time between posts I have a bagillion pictures of people who visited, places we went and crafts we half-did. So here's the evidence:

My youngest sister, Jolie, helping build a giant tower at the Barnes & Nibbly. Whit told her "Good job, Aunt Jo!"


Whit NOT HAVING any part of pumpkin gutting/carving. He kept saying it was gross!


My finished pumpkin, thankyouverymuch. :)


Cajun pumpkin seeds!!


There was much play-dohing, now that someone's done trying to eat it. 


Another "I'm not really a Pinterest mom" moment. I had imagined making Whit a BamBam costume for Halloween, or maybe even Charlie Bucket (of Willy Wonka fame). Buuuuut, I saw this on sale at Target and said eff it. But he loved it and so did everyone who saw him in it. He spent most of the month (and still) grrrring and growling at people. 


Mama's way too easy costume: Rosie the Riveter. Lots of denim, red lipstick, pinup hair, bandana, and a "we got this" attitude.


Headed to the Ghouls at Grassmere event at Nashville's Zoo.


 I may or may not have jumped into those bubbles...


Even the faux animals were dressed up
The zoo looked AWESOME! Not that you can tell from the pics because, you know, it was dark. They have the whole zoo decorated with Halloween stuff and lights. And along the path, they give out candy and toys to the kids. In the other half of the zoo there's a haunted hayride, games, food, and a kiddie dance floor....where they played "What Does the Fox Say". I died.


The play I was in ran and was great! One of the best shows I've been in and we sold out a few nights! Everyone got along, there was no drama, no serious glitches aside from a minor shoe fiasco, and I made a couple of new friends. For instance my friend Jeremy, who would kill me if he ever looked at this blog! :D I also learned a lot about myself and where I am in my life right now. I need to remember to write about it so I can remind myself from time to time! 


Then we finished up our last Music Class for a while. If you live near one, you should totally check it out. We loved both sessions we enrolled in. But we're taking a break for the holidays, plus I have too much on my plate right now and I'm having to practice saying "no". This is from our last class which was bittersweet. Whit finally got very comfortable with mimicking patterns in front of the class, and it was our teacher's, Temple, last day. She is off to London to share the Music Class there!


We did a lot of Halloween-y crafts. We made a wreath for Whit's room, ghosts, mummies, pumpkins, spider webs, cookies, all sorts of stuff!


Did I take pictures of the finished project? Well, of course not! There's one of the wreath somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it... Anyhoo, everything gave Mom some quiet time and Whit some practice.




And then there was Halloween. Which we didn't do much on the actual day since it was insanely cold. All October had been fairly warm, until Halloween. It was near freezing and really windy. So we trick or treated/visited a local nursing home (which you should totally consider, the residents LOVE seeing the youngins. So you're doing some good and getting some candy. ;-) and Publix (which had candy and games, and a kick ass pumpkin carving contest). Then we went to a couple of houses nearby and went home to give out candy. Mostly it was teenagers, which I have no problem giving candy to! I wish I could still trick or treat! In fact, I'm thinking of having something to give out to the adults next year, too.


So there you go! Phew! It has been really busy around here and I should have a post about why. If Whit keeps up his sleeping in habit, I can.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment