Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dropping trou visit...

Oy, I haven't updated in a while! But then again when it hits 107 degrees, life just kind of slows to a crawl. Reminds me of the old joke about that's where our Southern drawls come from: it's too hot to speak quickly!
Since I've been stuck in our air conditioned house the past couple of weeks I've been working on getting the nursery finished. And I swear if I ever see another plastic tie-thingy (those things that hold tags onto clothes) it will be too soon. Why in the hell does a hooded towel need 12 of them?! 12! 

Today was the beginning of our weekly OB visits and that means getting my cervix checked weekly...yay? Really it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be since the doc and I got to talking about the show Pregnant in Heels. Which, by the way, if you haven't seen is pretty darn funny. And has just enough drama to make me feel better about Ben and I's relationship and parenting ideas. Today's favorite quotes from our OB were:

"Yeah, swelling sucks!"
"This is another reason why we should be glad men don't have babies." (talking about the strep B swab)
"No woman has to be a martyr." (talking about when to get an epidural)

I think I'm in love with our OB, hospital, and L&D staff. There's just enough new-age talk that they're not going to judge you if you want to try something different (except they aren't set up to do water births yet), but dammit if you want to go in dilated at 1cm and get an epidural they won't turn you away. It fits right in with our philosophies. Ben and I both are open to new things and are very "wait and see" with this pregnancy, but if something has to be done, then let's do it and not cry about "it's not what we had imagined".   And if I need someone to tell me to stop whimping out, I think these chicks are willing to tell me that. 

Ugh, cramping again! Think I'll go lie down a bit and catch up some more on Mad Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment