Sunday, July 29, 2012

Still waiting...


Wednesday was our latest OB appointment and good news: I'm 3 cm and mostly effaced! Which means I'm close right? Welllll, I've heard of women walking around at 3 cm for weeks, so who knows? Friday night/Saturday morning I thought was going to be it. Woke up with some really painful contractions (painful enough that I cussed rather loudly without realizing how loud I was and scared Ben half to death), tried to time them, but of course they weren't regular. So I got up, drank a bunch of water, walked around and began to be bored. Thank goodness the Olympics are always on for those of us who can't sleep!

After talking with my mom and finding out all three of her children were late entering the world, I'm getting a little nervous. I had known I was two weeks late, but both of my sisters were also a week late, so I'm sure this is karma just getting me back for making her suffer in the summer too.

I found this article on the blog AND MARY I just read and makes me feel so much better about how I'm feeling right now: "The Last Days of Pregnancy: A Place of In-Between". How true it is! For the past couple of months I've felt ready to get this motherhood gig started, but in the last week or two I've begun getting nervous again. I try to think of the false labor pains as progression, but I either feel annoyed nothing is happening or nervous that I'm about to go into labor and I don't feel ready. I know I'm ready, so it must be these damn hormones again...grr!

No comments:

Post a Comment