Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Post-baby body blues

First, let me say I feel so much better than the scale would have you to believe. The other night I overheard part of this story on Nightline about celebrity moms affect the way we see ourselves and how we should look after having a baby. It wasn't anything new to me, but it felt so good to hear other moms talk about how they struggled with weight loss and accepting their post-baby bodies too. I knew there were other women out there struggling with the same things I'm beating myself up about every once in a while, but it was like I needed to be told right then that it's okay and that I'm on the right track with eating healthy and exercising and that I'm not alone. Something in the story that really struck home was the mom that when her son asked for a picture of the two of them together she started to say no because of how she looked, but then thought better of it. Lately I had been shying away from pictures of Whit and I together, not because of the weight, but I just look so tired and much older than I used to look. But then I remembered how annoyed I would get at my grandma when she wouldn't take pictures with me and how annoyed I get now at my mother-in-law about the same thing. So, I decided to get over it. My son doesn't give a shit what I look like! He will always love me for who I am, not how much I weigh. So...



Gosh, he's so adorable! And smart! This ended up being a pretty fun game. I had my iPhone camera turned so we could see ourselves and I would make a face, then he would try to copy it. Whit hasn't been a huge fan of mirrors (well, he would be except he loves the lights above them soooo much more), so this was a fun way to get him to notice himself and interact with me at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment