Sunday, April 15, 2012

I can't make up my mind!


On color, on theme or non-theme, on a name, on anything! Today has driven me crazy! I thought I had a color for the nursery picked out, so much so I even bought a gallon of it already. But the more I looked at it the more I wished it was more blue. Oh dear, I knew this was going to be difficult. It took us ten samples to decide on a blue for the living room! Thankfully it's the one room I keep looking at and think man, I love that color. Why must colors be so hard for someone who loves color?

I've been pinning nurseries on Pinterest for a while now and was hoping I could just copy someone's color palette. Haha, yeah right! If I find a blue I like online, in person it's almost white. I seriously wonder if I have some strange version of color-blindness that doesn't allow me to see colors like everyone else. For instance, when I got the sample for the bottom-left color I could have sworn it was light teal. And yet, everyone that's seen it calls it green. And just recently I've conceded it's green. So today I bought the two samples on the top. On the paint chips they look very similar, in the container they look darn near identical, but for some reason when I painted them on I nervously laughed at the left and ooh'ed over the right.

I really, really dig the top right color, I just worry if it's too much for a small nursery? Or will I be able to live with a whole room of it? Le sigh. I guess if all else fails, I can always use the leftover paint from the living room.

In other news, I'm so glad to report we're *finally* getting some things done around the house! The plumber was over Friday and fixed our second bathroom's sink and gave us an estimate to fix the other problems. I just need to pick out a new faucet for the kitchen sink and that will all be done. I installed the thresholds we were missing around the house, sanded the nursery walls and did a few little decor updates. Like getting a gardenia tree for the dining room, ahhh it smells so nice! Now if we could just find someone who will finish the exterior trim and put our gutters back up. Why will no one take our money for this??

No comments:

Post a Comment