Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Powder Room: Done!


Can I tell you how hard it is to take pictures of a powder room? Holy frijoles! Anyway, here's our new room! Ahhhh, so much better than the before. Shall we?
  
Oh dear no!

Okay now... oh dear no!
Unfortunately I didn't take more pictures of the tiny red room, but that's probably because I couldn't stand to be in it any longer. It felt so claustrophobic and so '90s being in there. And the house was built in 2004.

::face palm::

But enough of that, let's look at more of the new...


I also drew on the wall with a Sharpie. It's been floating around Pinterest for a while now, thanks to this post on Vintage Revivals. I loved the idea, but wasn't a huge fan of her pattern. So I spent an afternoon sketching patterns and emailing/texting friends for opinions and moral support. And above was the winner. And I am in looooooove. So far everyone who's seen it loves it too. Including all the mothers in my life, which is wild because it's none of their styles!


Here's the shelves I built thanks to this tutorial. Unfortunately I didn't have any wood around to be reclaimed, so I had to buy a piece and stain it. PS- Did you know that stain + polyurethane exists now?! I was shocked and so happy to be hanging these shelves even faster. Throw up some essentials and bric-a-brac and boom: done!



Also, I'm dying over this owl. We've spent the past month clearing out my mother-in-law's house in preparation of a yard sale we had last weekend. And boy did we find some treasures. And some trash. And some things none of us knew why she had. But this guy, I just love. I don't think I'll even get him fixed!


And here's my mediocre photography skills + tiny bathroom =


The worst view of the whole shebang. I started to not add this, but I am also in love with the light fixture. I got it on sale at Lowe's... I think $42? I can't remember now it's been so long. And boy was it a pain to install (thanks builders!). Also, I wish I could have found a bigger mirror, but it was not meant to be. And it needs to be re-hung. Ben put it up and we miscommunicated about where it should go, so it's an inch too far to the left and it drives me crazy. Every time I mentioned it, he would say it doesn't bother him. Um, yes, that's because you don't sit down in there every day. I do, that's why I notice it. I admit, I giggled when the light bulb came on for him about that. 

So there's the latest done room in our house! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment