Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Ten Months!


At ten months Whit...

...is wearing 12-18 month sized clothes. It depends on the item; he still has short legs, broad shoulders and a loooong torso. Poor kid can barely wear t-shirts that stay over his belly. He's in size 4 Cruisers now to a bit more success. 

...got to meet his cousin Logan for the first time this past weekend. And they loved seeing each other! Anytime they caught sight of one another they would flash a big smile. 

...can stand on his own for a long time! I don't think he realizes he's doing it though. It's usually when something is so interesting he forgets to hold on to the furniture. 

...and is thinking about walking! A few times this past week he will be standing, holding on to the ottoman, turn, let go, a  l  m  o  s  t  take a step, and sit down. 

...has started feeding the dogs his food. One night Whit was playing in the kitchen while I cooked and I handed him a piece of broccoli. He nibbled on it, held it out for Foster, Foster takes a bite, then he goes back to eating it. I just died laughing. I used to do the same thing with ice cream and our dogs when I was a kid. (And in the I-knew-it-wasn't-bad department, I heard recently about studies that said babies who are around dogs have fewer ear infections... win!)

...LOVES to greet people. While we were at a hotel this past weekend, every morning in the breakfast area Whit welcomed everyone who walked in with a "HEY!" (it sounds more like "AY!) and a hand in the air. 

...hates having his clothes changed. And if Ben's doing the changing Whit will start yelling "mam!"

...will actually stop doing something if I give him a warning "Nooo...." It's amazing being able to see what he's thinking. 

...tries to turn on the TV with the remote. Part of me finds this unbearably cute (he's a little adult!) and part of me finds this horrifying. He doesn't watch TV, and I want it to stay that way as long as possible.

...is back to liking his stroller, thank goodness! But is still not a fan of riding in the car. I think he thinks we left him. He can hear us, but since he can't see us, we must be gone.

...has been doing a hilarious "cheese" face! He smiles real big, throws his chin up and closes his eyes. It's too cute. I'll have to find photographic evidence of it!

...occasionally waves.

...is very helpful. If we're leaving a room, he'll turn the light out for me. If we're picking him up, he'll hold his arms out. And he shares his toys with whoever is around. He's constantly handing us things. 

...has taken up the pacifier again. I can't think of the last time he used one, but lately it's one of three things that are required for sleep. 

...is a fiend for avocado, pineapple, blueberries, cherries, cheese and eggs. Maybe that should just say "is a fiend for food" and that's what we've been feeding him lately.

...is trying to feed himself with a spoon, but still no luck on sippy cups. He can drink out of them, but he refuses to hold them up to get anything out. I can't figure out what to do about this. 

...crawls laps around our house. We decided to babyproof the whole house and let him at it, and it really works for all of us. And this always being on the go is making his monthly pictures REALLY hard to take. For example:

No comments:

Post a Comment