Sunday, February 24, 2013

I finally gave in

And bought a box from Citrus Lane. I'm so excited! I've been debating back and forth since Whit was born about doing this. If you've never seen/heard of/agonized over this, it's a subscription service that sends you a care package each month filled with age-appropriate toys, books, goodies and even goodies for mom.

May 2012's box

You can sign up for any amount of months you would like to get the service, and the longer your subscription the cheaper the box is per month. I went with just one box at $25, to see if we like it. But I have pretty high hopes from looking through some of their previous boxes. I mean who doesn't LOVE getting good stuff in the mail? We already enjoy getting a free book in the mail monthly thanks to Dolly Pardon's Imagination Library, which I'm shocked I've never mentioned before. If you have a kids, go register and get some free books!

At first the cost was my big concern, but after months of buying toys just because I'm around them I think this may be my solution. I only buy toys when I need them (which is rare) or when I happen to be at a store and see something Whit might like. But if I already know we're going to get something each month I think I'll stop the extraneous spending, especially if I don't have to leave the house for it. Ahhh, I can't wait!

EDIT: I am so scatter-brained! If you want to try out Citrus Lane, the code TAKEHALF will get you half off your first box making it $12.50. So you know the first box will be a deal no matter what's in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment