Thursday, January 10, 2013

Good grief I'm sore

And not from exercise, unfortunately. No, I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday and the past two days have not been fun. I can handle pain, I can handle anesthesia, I can even handle most dental work. But I cannot handle this idea of healing open wounds in my mouth! BLECH!

Even worse is I'm scared to brush my teeth today since some of the sites still haven't stopped bleeding...grr. It's my own fault though. I've needed to have them out for 12 years or so, even went so far as having three consultations, but I never went through with it. Then a few weeks ago my jaw hurt so bad I could hardly talk for a couple of days and I got fed up and made the appointment.

Thankfully my husband is a wonderful nurse (though I'm also a great patient, once the anesthesia wears off) and took care of me and Whit by himself yesterday. And now he has more stories of me being loopy and saying crazy things. But I'm glad I'm not the only one! The nurse at the office took me out the back door and said they have the separate exit for patients waking up from anesthesia, because they don't know what we'll say and don't want to freak out the other patients!

The worst part of being down from this is I have so much to do, and I'm not a patient person when it comes to healing. Or eating apparently. I miss solid foods sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment