Monday, April 1, 2013

Mommy and Me... now in color!


Grabbed a quick picture after walking/jogging The Color Run Saturday morning. If you get an opportunity to participate in this 5k, get a bunch of friends and do it! It was a friend of mine, her three kids, Whit and myself all together and we had a great time. Basically it's a fun 5k, so it's not timed and there's no pressure to look like you know what you're doing. They were throwing free stuff at us at the starting line and every kilometer you reach there's a different color thrown at the runners. I don't know what the color is exactly, but they said it's similar to corn starch. Anyhoo, there's so much of it that it left huge plumes above the stations you could see in other parts of the city. We got to walk through the fun part of downtown Nashville and saw some pretty interesting places I didn't even know existed. Here's a few more of the few pictures I got with my seriously dusty phone:

Ahhh, all nice and clean.

The before. Just please ignore my looking so raggedy!

The batman building... and yellow!




The after. So many people told me how smart it was for bringing the rain shield. Ha, like I would have brought him without one!

He made it out mostly clean. He refused to keep his socks on, so his feet were blue.

The after-party at the finish line.


Oh my gosh, it was soooooo fun. I can't wait to do it again next year. I told Ben he has to come with us next time, even if he doesn't like running. It was really more like a leisurely walk with about a thousand other people and one unicorn. Oh yeah, their mascot is a unicorn they call the Runicorn. AH, love it! And Whit loved it too. He enjoyed the first half of the ride and the second half he squealed and babbled at everything. Then when I got him out for the after party he looked at me like I was a crazy woman he was ecstatic to see. I could just see him think "Mama! ... What is all that on your face?! ... I love it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment